The Baltimore District U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), in partnership with the Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) and Associated General Contractors of Metropolitan Washington DC is offering Construction Quality Management for Contractors (CQM).
WHY TAKE THE COURSE?
1. The mutual goal of the Contractor and the Government is to achieve a quality product, safely, on time and within budget.
2. There is a CQM training requirement specified in most Corps and NAVFAC construction contracts;
3. The training course must be taken and passed by any contractor aspiring to do work on projects of roughly $1 million or more, within 45 calendar days after contract award.
4. A course certificate will be awarded to those who satisfactorily complete the one-day training class and pass the final exam.
5. The certificate will be good for 5 years, and is good for both Army and Navy projects.
WHAT IS TAUGHT?
1. Achieving construction quality - "build it right the first time"
2. Contractor quality control (CQC) requirements; and the
3. Governments Quality Assurance (QA) role are reviewed